- MODULE 1: Introduction to ABI
- Module Introduction
- Take the Pre-test
- a) A person’s abilities & life span
- b) What is ABI?
- c) Causes of ABI
- d) Incidence
- e) The brain
- f) Severity of ABI
- g) Cause to impact
- h) Rehabilitation
- i) Rehabilitation stages & pathways
- j) Common effects
- k) Impacts on life
- l) People with ABI
- m) Family and friends
- n) Key messages and
Tools to explore in Module 2
- o) Building skills
- Take the Post-test
Self-study MODULE 1 An Introduction to ABI
focuses on introducing what an ABI is and it's consequences.
When you have completed this Module you could go on to complete Self-study Module 2 Working with people with ABI which focuses on the building blocks for how to work with people with ABI.
Self Study Module 1. Introduction to ABI has been designed:
- as a web based resource that you can dip into and
- as a self paced learning module (than can be completed at different depths depending on your role).
If you want to complete it as a self-paced learning module it is recommended that you:
- Take the Pre-Test
- Complete the module - working through the material, case studies, videos etc.
- Take the Post-Test
To fully complete the module will take approximately three to four hours
( all graphics, text, videos, questions, pre and post tests).
The module can be completed in less depth in approximately one hour.
The Module includes:
- Videos (indicated on tabs by Video)
- Slie shows/animated graphics (indicated on tabs by Graphic)
- Questions and answer you can complete to check your progress ( indicated on tabs by the letter Q )
Watching the video stories of the people with ABI is essential
Video stories and video clips
The videos include:
- Stories of people with ABI - there are 12 stories in Modules 1 & 2 - between 3.5 and 11 minutes each
- Clips of workers, case managers, family members and people with ABI talking about their experiences - There are 4 video clips in Modules 1 and 2 - between 1 minute and 6 minutes each (most are 1 to 2 minutes)and a further 18 in the reference material.
Module 1 An Introduction to ABI includes 7 of the stories and 2 video clips
Module 2 Working with people with ABI includes 6 of the stories and 2 video clips.
Once you have completed the Module please also complete the POST-Test.
When you have finished the POST Test you will be directed to a page with the answers to the PRE and POST Tests.